Elizabeth Fairbanks-Fletcher, Esq.
Greenfield Town Justice
Elizabeth Fairbanks-Fletcher is a New York State-licensed attorney and owner of Fairbanks Fletcher Law PLLC in Saratoga Springs, NY. Her firm focuses on issues related to Chapter 7, 11, and 13 bankruptcy filings, matrimonial and family cases, tax debt relief matters, consumer credit matters, foreclosure defense, and probate issues. She is a tax accountant and received her Juris Doctorate from Albany Law School. Before earning her Juris Doctorate, Elizabeth graduated summa cum laude from Marist College with a Bachelor’s of Science in Accounting. She was hand-picked by a federal judge to mediate a case in the Federal Court for the Northern District of New York. She previously interned as a bankruptcy petition examiner for the Department of Justice. Elizabeth is the Founder and Executive Director of Justice Gap Legal Access, Inc., which is a non-profit law firm offering income-based fees to modest means New Yorkers. She also served as the Chief Financial Officer and Legal Counsel for the Society for New Communications Research.
Elizabeth is the past recipient of the Capital Region Bankruptcy Bar Association Justin Mahoney Memorial Prize, the American Bankruptcy Institute and Albany Law School Merit of Excellence, the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants Award for Superior Scholarship in Accounting Studies, the State Farm Outstanding Student Fellowship and was named a Guistwhite Scholar. In 2003, she was selected for the Department of Justice Attorney General’s Honors Program.
She is admitted to practice in New York State, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, and the United States Tax Court.
Elizabeth released one album under her former band Drezdon Blacque, where she was billed as Lisa Fairbanks, and acted as the group’s primary songwriter, keyboardist and singer. Her most recent group was the blues outfit Bourbon Renewal. She has been married to her husband, guitarist George Fletcher since 1991. Together they have one son, Maxwell, born in 2010, and they live in Middle Grove.
- ‣Capital Region Bankruptcy Bar Association Justin Mahoney Memorial Prize
- ‣Medal of Excellence – American Bankruptcy Institute and Albany Law School
- ‣Department of Justice, Attorney General’s Honors Program, U.S. Trustee’s Offices, Washington, DC
- ‣NYS Society of CPAs Award for Superior Scholarship in Accounting Studies
- ‣State Farm Outstanding Student Fellowship
- ‣Marist College Scholarship for Academic Excellence
- ‣Marist College General Excellence Award
- ‣Guistwhite Scholar of Phi Theta Kappa
- ‣All-New York State, First Academic Team, Phi Theta Kappa
- ‣Departmental Award for Outstanding Achievement in Social Sciences: Economics
- ‣Dutchess United Educators Award for Academic Excellence
- ‣Rochel Stein Scholarship
- ‣Alumni Association Graduate Scholarship
- ‣Joseph Y. Resnick Transfer Scholarship
- ‣Academic award for graduate with highest GPA (4.0) in the Business and Technologies Department
- ‣George N. Freedman Scholarship for Outstanding Business Student
- ‣Vassar College (Poughkeepsie, NY) Exploring Transfer program selection
- ‣Nominated for the All-USA Academic Team for Community and Junior Colleges
- ‣Éclat Marketing Award for Best Radio Spot (Short Form) (nomination)
- Non-Profit Alliances
- ‣Founder & Executive Director, Justice Gap Legal Access, Inc.
- ‣Founding Fellow, Society for New Communications Research, Palo Alto, CA
- ‣Board of Directors, Chief Financial Officer and Legal Counsel, Society for New Communications Research, Palo Alto, CA
- ‣Prior New Communications Law committee head, Society for New Communications Research
- ‣Advisory Board Member, International Nanocasting Alliance